Like analyzing and breaking complex systems?
Enjoy designing tools on cutting edge platforms?
Excited by virtualization and networking?
Ready to work on something big?
We’ve got the job for you.
You’ll be working on serious software that over 80 of the 100 biggest global companies put in the core of their networks. You’ll be surrounded by experts in the field, but be empowered to forge your own path. You’ll have the right tools – from a hands-off, fully automated lab with a few thousand machines at your disposal, to a test code library built so that you concentrate on your test logic, not the trivial stuff. We understand that you need just enough of the right processes, so you’ll take part in code reviews and use proven documentation and progress tracking standards that help us build and test rock-solid products. And most importantly, you’ll have new challenges at every turn.
We’re a fun group that feels more “Web 2.0” than “Big Company.” You can run Mac OS, Windows, or Linux with double monitors and your favorite ergo keyboard – we don’t care, as long as it fits your style. It’s not surprising that the SF Business Times voted us, one of the 2010 best places to work in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Full-time –Champaign, IL, San Francisco, CA or Sunnyvale, CA
* Develop tools on cutting edge mobile platforms
* Develop, extend, execute, and analyze regression, functional, and performance test plans
* Develop and extend scripts, programs, and other tools to implement test automation.
* Document and track your work and participate in code and design reviews.
* Bachelor’s degree in CS/CE/EE/Math/Physics or related fields and four years of development, tools or API test and one year in Android development; or
* Master’s degree in CS/CE/EE/Math/Physics or related fields and two years of development, tools or API test and one year in Android development.
* Good experience in Java and C
* Great logical debugging ability.
* Have excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
* Can approach complex problem solving and troubleshooting tasks with creativity.
* Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and methodologies.
* Solid attention to detail.
* Can work on your own but know when to ask for help.
* Fluency in object-oriented Perl or Python and shell command line.
* Experience in web technologies including CSS, HTML and DOM.
* Familiarity with Linux/UNIX-based systems.
* Familiarity with networking (TCP/IP routing/switching, iOS/CatOS devices, WANs, iSCSI, etc.) and Wireshark.
* Strong experience with QA Engineering methodologies.
Riverbed Technology (NASDAQ: RVBD) is a San Francisco-based company. We feature an attractive compensation package including salary, stock options, employee stock purchase program, 401(k) matching, and comprehensive benefits. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer, M/F/D/V.
To apply, go to: http://www.riverbed.com/us/careers